- Tom Cruise as Nick Morton a former U.S. Military officer, who uninentionally unearths the tomb of Princess Ahmanet, unleashing an unspeakable evil. Nick becomes haunted, fused with and possessed by Set after Ahmanet puts a curse on him.
- Annabelle Wallis as Jennifer "Jenny" Halsey a feisty, kind, stubborn, and intelligent archeologist who has a past with Nick. She secretly works for the monster-hunting organization known as Prodigium.
- Sofia Boutella as Princess Ahmanet / The Mummy loosely based on the ancient Egyptian goddess Amunet. Once in line to be the queen of Ancient Egypt, Ahmanet murdered her father and his family in order to resurrect Set, an act for which she was cursed for all eternity and buried alive, until she is accidentally freed.
- Javier Botet as Set the ancient Egyptian god of deserts, storms, darkness, and violence, who aids Princess Ahmanet in her quest to rule Egypt. Set has a connection with Nick Morton, as the latter is intended to be the human-vessel for his resurrection.
- Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll / Mr. Edward Hyde a brilliant scientist who leads Prodigium, an organization dedicated to locating, containing, and when necessary, destroying evil. Due to a failed experiment intended to purge himself of evil impulses, he must regularly inject himself with a serum to keep from turning back into his evil, monstrous alter-ego, Edward Hyde.
Thought safely entombed in a tomb deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient princess (Sofia Boutella) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.
From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters.