Catherine Lisa Bell (born August 14, 1968) is a British-born American actress known for her role of Lt. Colonel Sarah MacKenzie of the television show JAG from 1997 to 2005.
She is fluent in Persian and English.
Catherine Bell was selected #84 in year 2001, #38 in 2002, and #20 in the 2004 list of the FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World
In 1996, Bell began her role as Marine colonel Sarah Mackenzie in the series JAG. She would continue in this role until 2005 and it would become the role for which she is most well known. Since 2007, Bell has starred in Lifetime's ensemble drama series Army Wives as Denise Sherwood, the wife of a US Army Lieutenant Colonel, who is enduring domestic violence at the hands of her teenage son.
Bell has also recently played the main role in Hallmark's The Good Witch (2008) and its sequels The Good Witch's Garden (2009) and The Good Witch's Gift (2010). She co-executive produced all of the movies.
- It was strange, because I was showing my butt all day and all these guys (on the set) were hitting on me. It was like, "you're showing your butt on camera, why don't you show me?", and they were so sleazy and gross...."
- "I like all the adventure sports but I like to do them in a safe way."
- "I started when I was in college because I was shy and thought it would be a good way to break out of that."
- "It's changing a bit, but the thing in LA is everyone is either in the industry, or knows someone who is in the industry. So, they don't let on that they recognize you, that's what I've found out."
- "People think I'm crazy and reckless but I'm absolutely not... I'm soooo safe and soooo careful and I won't do anything that feels like I could break something. "