Beauty and the Beast
Cast: Kevin Kline, Emma Watson, Sir Ian McKellen, Josh Gad, Luke Evans, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Dan Stevens, Audra McDonald, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor, Emma Thompson
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is a live-action re-telling of the studio’s animated classic which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs. “Beauty and the Beast” is the fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman who is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince within.
- Emma Watson as Belle, a kind, clever, and bibliophilic young woman who sees the humanity in the Beast which leads to her falling for him and risking life and limb to help him.
- Dan Stevens as The Prince / Beast, a young prince transformed into a monstrous creature for his arrogance and has to learn humanity to break the spell, leading to a spiritual journey with help from Belle.
- Luke Evans as Gaston, an arrogant, vain and barbaric former soldier turned hunter who seeks to marry Belle and to hunt down the Beast by any means necessary.
- Kevin Kline as Maurice, Belle's eccentric and noble father.
- Josh Gad as LeFou, Gaston's flamboyant, sycophantic and bumbling sidekick who bolsters his master's ego frequently.
- Ewan McGregor as Lumière, the Beast's romantic and carefree bouteiller, who was cursed into a candelabra.
- Stanley Tucci as Maestro Cadenza, the court composer of the castle and Madame de Garderobe's husband, who was cursed into a harpsichord, and an original character created for the film.
- Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, the Beast's brusque but loyal grand maitre and majordomo, who was cursed into a mantel clock.
- Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, the motherly head of the castle's kitchen who was cursed into a teapot.
- Audra McDonald as Madame de Garderobe, the opera singer of the castle and Cadenza's wife, who was cursed into a wardrobe.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, the gutsy maid of the castle and Lumiere's lover who was cursed into a feather duster.
- Nathan Mack as Chip, Mrs. Potts' plucky and kindly son, who was cursed into a teacup.
- Adrian Schiller as Monsieur D'Arque, the sly owner of the local asylum in France, whom Gaston bribes to help in his plan to marry Belle.
- Hattie Morahan as Agathe, the enchantress who transformed the Prince into a beast for his arrogance. Morahan also narrates the prologue.